Facts About Being Overweight-Can Your Afford To Ignore the Facts?
Posted Feb 11 2009 2:38pm
Facts about being overweight are uncomfortable for people like me who know that they have a problem but just don’t know what to do about it. Unfortunately, being overweight just a few kilos can impact our health and well being. I personally have reached the point where I just have to do something about my problem.The reason? The latest facts about being overweight are absolutely frightening!.
So what are the facts about being overweight that should be causing us so much concern? To share the facts that have really worried me I thought I would list them here:
1. In the US it is estimated that approximately 64% of people are overweight
2. In Europe, 48 percent of people are overweight
3. 27% of Americans are classified as obese
4. 325,000 deaths each year are directly related to obesity
5. Costs associated with obesity treatments were estimated at approximately $75 billion dollars in 2003.
6. Affecting over 300 million people, obesity is a worldwide problem
7. Worldwide 750 million people are classified overweight
8. For 2008, it was anticipated that the weight loss market would hit revenue of approximately $61 billion dollars
It funny about what finally hits home! For me it is the last fact on my list above. I know I’m nearly fifty pounds overweight and I certainly am the first to admit I don’t exercise anywhere near enough! If I want to grow old and stay healthy and happy, I need to do something about my weight loss now, before it’s too late!
Much to the relief of my family I have now made a beginning on changing my lifestyle. After researching the facts above I also did some research on weight loss and the latest diet plans, and have discovered that there is no “quick fix’. To get healthy and in good shape I need a combination of a balanced, healthy diet and a simple exercise plan. The research shows that most people who take this approach manage to lose weight and keep it off.
Here are some more interesting facts that I discovered as I was searching:
* Weight loss is difficult to maintain when it is achieved using diet pills
* You usually only lose excess water on Hollywood style fad diets. Unfortunately, the water quickly returns once you return to eating properly again.
* Expensive pre packaged food only benefits the companies who make them.(you need a diet where you are responsible for knowing what you are eating and how to prepare it)
* It is possible to build muscle using gym equipment that is expensive, but in reality, it is a proper eating plan that removes the fat located above muscle tissue.
Really when you look at the facts, overweight is quite daunting, isn’t it?In fact, not knowing quite what to do is enough for many people to just “give up” before they start and make no lifestyle changes at all. Trouble is, good health depends on us changing our thinking to ensure happy, healthy and long lives.
Fact is, now I know about the risks my lifestyle is exposing me to I’m going to make a commitment to a healthy weight loss program as soon as possible. For me personally, the facts about being overweight have got through at last, and are motivating me to take this opportunity to turn my health around and ensure I will be around to see my grandchildren!
Although finding a way to lose weight can be difficult, there are inexpensive and scientifically based safe weight loss plans available on line to download and make a start straight away. Unlike diet pills, exercise machines and magic diets, these programs are relatively inexpensive and provide the tools needed to lose weight safely, effectively and in the privacy of your own home. If you should like to review the diet plan I have chosen to click after getting my wake-up call about being so overweight, please click this Facts About Being Overweight weight loss plan link. Alternatively you can access the Get Slim With Me pages here for additional weight loss suggestions.