Eat quality calories to help control your caloric intake and weight gain. Part of changing your eating habits is learning "what to eat." This might require you to clean out the pantry and start over.
Here are some tips to help you eat quality calories:
1. Control your eating with a meal plan and food journal . You might have to keep a food journal for a week until you get used to eating the right way.
One way to eat quality calories is to "eat your calories" instead of "drinking your calories." When you eat food, you have more satiety and you are more likely to take in fewer calories.
2. Junk food, like chips, donuts and sodas, aren't nutritious and have loads of calories. They also have you wanting to eat more in just a short time, loading up on the calories.
3. Pack your lunches and snacks instead of eating out at work. If you eat at a restaurant for dinner, check out the menu online so you know what to order. Most restaurants now have a "healthy foods" menu.
4. Another way to control caloric intake is to eat more water-based, protein and fibrous foods. You will stay fuller for a longer period of time. It will also help you eat more while eating fewer calories.
You would basically focus on foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain pastas, brown rice, nuts, fish, soups, salad greens, lean beef and skinless white chicken/turkey.
5. To help you drink fewer sugary drinks, drink about half an ounce of water for every pound of your body weight every day. So, if you weigh 140 pounds, drink at least 70 ounces of water a day. If you workout, drink even more water (a cup of water for every 15 minutes of exercise).
The old rule still applies: consistently maintaining a caloric surplus (consume more calories than you burn) will cause you to gain weight. Hopefully a diet high in water content will cause you to consume fewer calories while providing all the nutrition you need.
Be sure and download your FREE Fat Loss Tips, Fat Loss Workouts and Meal Plans below!
Subscribe to my FREE Fat Blaster eNewsletter and get FREE eBooks: "10 Must Know Fat Loss Tips," Free Fat Loss Meals and Free Fat Loss Workouts!
"Exercise is not my life.....exercise makes my life better!"