Have you looked at your beginning-of-year fitness goals to see how you are progressing? Did you fall "off track" months ago? Have you given up? The good news is this: you can get started again on your exercise program today!If you are "on track" to meet your fitness goals, that is great! Keep up the hard work! Reassess your fitness goals. You may have underestimated what you are capable of achieving with health and fitness.
Here are some tips to help keep you motivated to achieve your health and fitness goals:
1) Remember, make the lifetime commitment to fitness! It is the commitment that trumps all other fitness commitments.It will also help you "stay on course" when you are frustrated with your progress. This commitment will also help you reach your "I want to look good" goal!
2) Remember this also: fat loss is more important than weight loss! It is more important to burn body fat and lose inches. You need to change your body composition (more lean muscle mass, less body fat) to speed up your metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning machine.
3) Get a workout partner, accountability partner or personal trainer.Find someone who cares about you and who will hold you accountable to your fitness goals.
4) More on personal trainers: we have the scientifically-based fitness programs to help you reach your goals! You need to know how to get there, or you probably won't make it there!
5) Don't be too hard on yourself if you fall "off track!" Just keep exercising and working hard!
6) You have to eat right! Nutrition is 60%-70% responsible for your fitness success or failure!Eat more fruits, veggies, whole-grain foods, low-fat/low-cal foods and drink water and unsweetened drinks. Cut sugars, processed foods and fast foods out of your diet.
Look back and learn from your exercise successes and failures. More importantly, look forward to a life of health and fitness! You are the one who must make this happen!