Develop Exercise Motivation – Top Ten Motivation Ideas
Posted May 26 2010 4:36pm
One of the most important aspects of working out is the ability to develop exercise motivation and tap into the source on the days when you are just not feeling it. It is a combination of habits, discipline and getting the right weight loss motivation ideas. Let’s face it, most people are not naturally motivated to put themselves through a workout of any kind, even when they are desperate for the results. But there are ways around this, and the most important thing is to surround yourself with motivational people, places, ideas and images. Here are some great tips to help you develop exercise motivation:
1. Read motivational quotes – there are so many books and sites where you can find truly inspiring stuff. Find what works for your. Here are some classics:
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
-Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
“People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don’t know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.”
- George E. Allen
“Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.”
- Abraham Lincoln
2.Listen to uplifting music will get you going to develop exercise motivation and boost your adrenalin. Some of the best all time motivational songs:
Eye of the Tiger (of course)
Feel Good Inc – Gorillaz
We’re Alive Take a Deep Breath – Paul Van Dyk
Lose Yourself- Eminem
Beat it – Michael Jackson
No Apologies – Eminem
Till I Collapse – Eminem
3. Visualize Success. See yourself as you would like to be – see clearly what you look like, what you are doing, what you are saying and how you are feeling. See it as if it were already true. Once you bring this vision into your conscious mind, it will become a reality. Beliefs are a self fulfilling prophecy.
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Dr. Napoleon Hil
4. Create a blog to publicize your progress and become more accountable. You can meet other people this way and get encouragement from like minded individuals. You never know, you may actually be the source of motivation for somebody else. You have to give it away to keep it!
5. Create specific, measurable goals.. Most people do not even know what their goals are, so as a result it is very difficult to be motivated when you have no idea what to be motivated for. Create both short term and long term goals to keep you motivated and boost your confidence when you achieve the more immediate ones.
6. Just Do IT. To Quote Woody Allen – 80 % of Success is showing up
7. Don’t Think, Run
“Talk doesn’t cook rice” – Chinese Proverb
8. Read how others develop exercise motivation. Join forums, groups and social media networks that are focused on fitness, health, motivation and weight loss. You will be surprised at the wealth of information and fat loss tips that work .
9. Watch Inspirational Videos – Man with no arms or legs Watch this amazing story of a man born with no arms or legs. He falls over on stage and his message is Just Get Back Up
10. Get a workout partner or trainer. Being accountable to another person is a great way to develop exercise motivation and get first hand feedback on your progress.
Most importantly, acknowledge the progress you have made consciously to yourself. Record your success and take pride in the results you have achieved – there is no greater way to develop exercise motivation than through your own results.