Some of you can break through your fat loss and weight loss plateau by varying your workouts. If you have been doing the same workout for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or 5 years, your progress has probably stalled.
Your body has the amazing ability to adapt to your workouts and bring your fat loss and weight loss progress to a grinding halt. You MUST be willing to vary your workout routine every 2-3 weeks to keep your body guessing. Actually, you could vary your workout every workout session in different ways (like changing intensity).
Surprisingly, I talk to many people who are unwilling to change their basic workout routine (even when their progress has stalled). He or she says, "I will change...." One month later, there is still no real changes to the workout.....and no progress!
So, here are some ways to change up your workout routine and break through your fat loss plateau:
1. Do different exercises to target the same muscle groups. This change is pretty simple. For example, do chest press on the ball instead of bench press.
2. Change up your weight training routine. This will require you to not talk to friends for 5 minutes between every set! Circuit training or superset training are good choices.
3. Shorten your long, boring cardio sessions. A 20-minute interval cardio session will give you more fat-burning and heart-health benefits than a slower 60-minute cardio session.
4. Add more plyometric exercises (jump training) to your workouts. Plyometric exercises are very intense and effective. Examples would be squat jumps and lateral cone hops.
5. Jump rope every day. Jumping rope continues to be one of the most underused exercises available. Jumping rope is one of the best ways to tone your body.
6. Do more bodyweight cardio workouts . These workouts give you a dual strength and cardio benefit. Bodyweight workouts are great fat burners.
7. Do two separate workouts on the same day. For example, do a 25-minute workout in the morning and evening instead of a 1 hour workout. Research proves that doing a second workout during the day (even a short one) keeps growth hormone levels high throughout the day. This will give you even more body fat burning.
Vary your workouts and start making progress again with your fat loss and weight loss!