Blast The Body Fat: Work Hard, Work Smart and Eat Right
Posted Aug 25 2008 3:31pm
There is a flood of information about weight loss out there in the marketplace. Some of it is just garbage. A general rule for you to follow with regards to weight loss is this: Don’t waste your money if the program offers a quick solution to your weight problem! Why? Because what you need is the permanent solution to your weight problem. A permanent solution takes hard, smart work and sacrifice on your part. Human nature always seeks the path of least resistance. So, you can see why commercial weight loss programs promote things such as “in 2 weeks….” The promotion may be partially true, but what they don’t tell you is the most critical part of the fitness equation: fat loss is the key to permanent weight loss.
So, here is my Top 5 List to get you started on the way to Blasting The Fat and getting the lean and toned body that you want:
1. Make a commitment to a lifetime of fitness. This commitment trumps all other fitness commitments. Without it, you will always fall prey to the inevitable obstacles and pitfalls along the way.
2. Be willing to change your eating habits! Sixty to 70% of your fitness goal success or failure will depend on good nutrition. Since we must eat to survive, get ready to change! Get rid of the fad diets! Start planning your own meals using a mix of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
3. You must change your body composition! You must increase lean muscle mass to become a “fat-burning machine.” You don't need to be a body builder but you need to replace the fat ( to an acceptable level ) on your body with muscle mass.
4. You must do more than cardio exercise to change your body composition!
5. Make a commitment to full-body strength training! Among other things, it speeds up your metabolism (the body has to work harder to maintain muscle) and helps improve your bone density. And, you’ll look great!