A Sleeveless In 7 Review Of Flabby Arms And Exercise Phrases
Posted Jun 19 2010 11:27pm
If you are trying to get rid of flabby arms and you want to take your knowledge to the next level, you will have to do some exercise physiology research. Although this is not necessary per se, having a more profound knowledge base helps you make better decisions about diets and programs.
The main issue here, however, is that once you start to read some dense text, you may get a little lost with all the different exercise terms. You see, as knowledge becomes more precise on a subject, the vocabulary must become more complex to describe difficult concepts.
Thus, here are some common exercise terms that you should know in order to take your flabby arm knowledge to the next level:
1. Positive, concentric contractions. This is the portion of the exercise that most people focus on. When you do a shoulder press, for instance, pushing the weight up is the positive or concentric portion of the movement.
2. Negative, eccentric contractions. This portion of the exercise is considered a crowned jewel for many bodybuilders. Why? Because it causes a lot of muscle damage which translates into a lot of muscle growth. When doing a shoulder press, for instance, slowly bringing the weight back down after pushing it up is the negative or eccentric portion of the movement.
3. A complete exercise. Every exercise has a beginning, middle and end. In order to complete an exercise through its entire range of motion, you must go through each portion. If you do not, you could develop some nasty muscle imbalances.
4. The repetition unit. One repetition is the unit of an exercise. It involves doing an exercise through all its different portions without any rest between portions. Learning how to perform one repetition of an exercise with flawless form is essential before moving on to more advanced techniques.
5. An exercise set. A set is simply a group of repetitions to be performed in sequence. Once you dive into some more advanced texts, you will encounter advanced terminology such as super sets. A super set is the completion of one exercise set right after another without any rest in between.
Hopefully, the terminology explained in this article will help you navigate through some of the more complex exercise information out there. And deepening your knowledge on flabby arms is a sound strategy to avoid a lot of wasted time with ineffective programs.
Author Katherine Crawford M.S., a Harvard exercise expert and former flabby arms refugee, instructs women on how to lose arm fat . Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her website about toned arms now!