Sometimes workout DVDs and other female-targeted fitness products get a bad rap by guys. Since they’re designed for girls, they assume it’ll be easy and, well, girlie. I’d have to say that some of the time, they’re right. But in some cases, they are wrong, wrong, wrong. Read on for seven fitness products that’ll give any guy a workout that’ll leave him screaming like a girl.
2. Functional fitness. You may have heard some of the buzz about functional fitness lately, and the TRX is the best functional fitness tool/workout system that we’ve come across. It’s not overly expensive, you can hang it on a door, and it gives you a helluva full-body core-centric workout. Need proof? We gave it a Fittie . Oh, and New Orleans Saints’ quarterback Drew Brees trains on it.
3. Go for a “climb.” Climbing is a fantastic full-body workout. But not everyone has access to rock-climbing walls or cliffs to scamper up. And that’s where the Treadwall from Brewer’s Ledge comes in handy. A few minutes on this puppy, and you’ll burn—like crazy.
4. Read a book (and get hella competitive). If you or your dude has had a hard time losing weight or getting in regular workouts, then this Game On Diet is the solution. It harnesses the power of competition, and no guy likes to lose. Unless it’s that beer belly…
5. Get to know Mindy and Cathe. These ladies could probably bench you. Or at least they look like they could and have created DVDs that go beyond what’s normally done in the house. Mindy Mylrea and Cathe Friedrich workouts are full-out body building, muscle-pumping, sweat-inducing fitness fests. Enjoy!
6. Get your bell rung. Working out with kettlebells is no joke. In fact, a kettlebell looks like a cannonball with a handle. And have been used for years by Russians to get really, really, scary strong. Again, no joke.
7. Strip. No really. Take those clothes off. And swing around this pole . It’s way harder than it looks and is sure to give your core a major workout. Might even get you more play in the bedroom, if your skills are good.
What’s the hardest workout you’ve done, boys? And, ladies, tell us: what workout can the men not keep up with you on? —Jenn