Both fad diets and marketing campaigns have created more flabby arm confusion than ever before. Women are utterly lost when it comes to protein intake. Maybe you are lost
I know I was.
Finding the truth can be like finding a needle in a haystack. There is simply way too much marketing material to navigate. Unfortunately, not knowing how to tweak your protein consumption can set back your flabby arms mission.
So without further ado, here are 5 lies about getting rid of flabby arms and protein:
1. are better than food. While this will make your purse lighter and the supplement companies richer, it will not benefit your arms. Whole food digests much better in the female body because we have evolved to do so. Moreover, regular food has a gigantic variety of additional nutrients the supplements will never provide.
2. Whey protein is the gold standard. If you're having multiple whey protein shakes per day, please stop! Not only is your purse getting lighter, but you're also slowing down your results. Only have whey protein right after your workout. And make sure to eat within 30 minutes or your amino acid pool could drop.
3. Fast absorbing protein is best. Just like with carbohydrates, slower digestion is better. Any time you spike a nutrient in your bloodstream there is going to be a subsequent drop. And protein is no exception.
4. The more the merrier. This is an outdated bodybuilding myth. While protein does positively affect hormones and gives you a sense of fullness, going overboard negates all the positives. Protein should not be more than 30% of your total caloric intake.
5. Hormone-enhanced meat is bad. There have NOT been any solid studies showing a direct link to hormone-enhanced meat and a decrease in female health. However, there are solid ethical (and ecological) arguments for avoiding said meats.
Getting rid of flabby arms doesn't have to be hard. The key here is to ignore the marketing hype and stick to what has been proven by solid research. And knowing how to properly manage your protein intake is critical for losing arm fat.
Author Katherine Crawford, a Harvard exercise expert and former arm fat sufferer, instructs women on how to lose arm fat . Learn how to get sexy arms by exploring her blog about how to get rid of flabby arms right now!