Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Seizure strikes out of the blue

Posted Nov 09 2012 12:50pm
On Friday, April 16, 2010 I was on my third day of no sleep. Being that I am an epileptic, this is not good as sleep deprivation is a trigger (for me that is). Not everyone has the same triggers.

On top of this I had been suffering with migraines for several weeks and been taking Motrin instead of drinking caffeine to offset the pain.

I was putting stuff into storage, cleaning, and doing laundry when I woke up on the deck totally confused and disoriented, slightly aware of my surroundings.

Then I realized what happened, yet I had no warning and been taking medicine regularly and eating every 3 hours to keep blood sugar levels controlled as this also happens to be another trigger.

Also, I have been taking natural supplements to replace the vitamins and minerals lost due to my anti-seizure medication.

By God’s grace I managed to get up and still finish cleaning as tired as I was, able to function physically with much pain, mental confusion lasted for several hours, however I just existed, almost lost in my mind and the pain of muscles and a badly bitten tongue (makes hard for eating, yet is normal).

Finally hit bed about 3 PM in the afternoon, fell asleep until my son woke me to let me know his dad was here and he was leaving for the weekend, then I got up for a little while, eat and watched some television.

Fortunately, a friend came for a visit and we watched a movie and she just hung out with me since she was not doing anything and wanted to make sure I was okay. This was really nice.

So finally half of the movie I started dozing and I went to bed around 8 PM or a few minutes later and woke up at 12 PM on Saturday, April 17, 2010.

Saturday’s report is I managed to get up, still awake, doing a little laundry and dishes, managed to take a bath safely and just taking it easy. Though I am going to bed early tonight and hopefully with a cup of warm milk should fall asleep.

Neck muscles are still kinked, other than that a little fatigue is normal.

The scary thing is there was no warning like I used to have. The good thing it has been a year since the last gran mal seizure. However, I still have tremors from time to time and know they could progress to the next stage at any given point and time.

I am so thankful, that I was home and not in a car driving. That definitely would have been much worse and carries with it huge consequences.

Other than that life is slowly returning to normal and I will once again be back on my feet and there will be no stopping me, my Epilepsy slows me down occasionally, but not forever.

Just got to keep on going!
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches