Everyone has to have a New Years post, right? Here are some things I hope to accomplish this year.
1. Lose the baby weight from both babies - I never really lost the baby weight from Michaela before I got pregnant again, so I have pretty much spent the last 2 1/2 years buried in maternity clothes. This year I am determined to get down to the point where I don't look pregnant anymore. My whole family is working on losing weight this year, so hopefully we can help keep each other motivated.
2. Be a more adventurous cook - This sort of relates to my first goal. More than just wanting to lose weight, I want to learn to cook more healthy meals so that all my family can benefit. You can follow along on my adventures on this front at my new blog "A Taste of the Blogosphere."
3. Play more with Michaela - She is a very independent girl and is usually content playing on her own and coming to me occasionally to read her a book or take part in her play. I think she's getting to the age now where she can start to appreciate crafting, so I'd like to try doing one project a day with her. I think this will also help me set aside one-on-one time with her now that the baby takes up so much.
4. Keep the TV off - I like to have the TV on during the day as background noise, but I know it's not very healthy for the kids. We moved the radio into the kitchen, so now I can use talk radio as the filler. We have also decided to limit the amount of time the TV is on while the kids are awake to 5 hours. This means our we have to be intentional about what we want to watch instead of mindlessly watching whatever program is on.
5. Be more organized - Ah organization, the bane of my existence! If I could just stay organized, my house would be cleaner, I would cook more, I would have more free time and I would stop being chronically late. This is something I try to work on every year, but this year I really want to step it up and make it happen.
5 goals for 2010. I'll try to check in once a month on these to make sure that I am on the right track. If you have also set goals, I hope that both yours and mine last throughout the year instead of ending at the end of January!