Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

i have an eating disorder but cant afford inpatient treatment any help please

Posted by amethisticedrops

i only have arkansas medicaid and they dont pay for eating disorder treatment out of state but there are none in my state arkansas are there any helpfull answers im deperate
Answers (5)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Escape to Reality Foundation is an organization that provides eating disorder treatment scholarships to those in the St. Louis area --- however, even if you're not in the area - we have a database of various locations offering scholarships and research opportunities that provide free treatment -
I second NYSPI in New York- if you are eligible for research, the treatment is free. I was there in 2006/2007 and it was the best treatment I have ever had.


Try Mercy Ministries like she said above it is a free christian long term residential home- that is what i am waiting to get into. Good luck

There are a few free options out there.

 Check out NYSPI- Columbia Medical Research ED Facility (Acute Inpatient):

Also, try Mercy Ministries (Free Christian Long-Term Residential):

Check out the FREED Foundation- they have some scholarships.  Also, call the treatment centers direct.  I got a partial scholarship at the Renfrew Center when I was in college because insurance wouldn't pay.  Other places might have them as well.

Option B is to appeal the Medicaid denial- I'm guessing you've tried, but it's always worth another shot.

NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: