My daughter and I were in the kitchen making cheese quesadillas. I mentioned that we should take a vitamin and she opened the pantry door and noticed a bottle of B1 vitamins. She said, "who takes these?" I told her the B1 vitamins were her dad's. She opened the top and stuck her nose in the jar and at that very moment all hell broke loose.
She screamed, her face turned red, her eyes started watering and then she started running down the hallway. I didn't know what had happened. I asked her what was wrong. Then she came running back down the hallway into the bathroom. She looked completely sick and I thought she was going to throw up. She was holding a tissue over her mouth saying it smells just like dope....and the smell was going to make her throw up. She just kept saying, "the smell is making me sick." Then she said the smell was stuck in her nose....I didn't really know what to say so I told her to have a soft drink and try to think of something else.
I started spraying air freshener...to get rid of the smell which was really nasty. She said it was such a shock to her system to smell it that it immediately made her sick. The B1 vitamins were capsules from Walgreens....and yea, they did stink. I guess I know what heroin smells like....it kinda makes me want to throw up too!
Needless to say I threw the B1's and the very burned cheese quesadillas in the trash. We made turkey sandwiches instead and we didn't mention vitamins again....
Thank you for your comment. It was definitely unnerving...she was hysterical. I wasn't so sure she wasn't going to have some type of breakdown. It didn't last very long though, thankfully. I'd read about flashbacks I just didn't know they could be so traumatic.