1) Because we never thought that "doing it all" would mean doing this much. But we do do it all -- and then some.
2) Because we've discovered patience we never knew we had.
3) Because we are willing to do something 10 times, 100 times or 1,000 times if that's what it takes for our kids to learn something new.
4) Because we have heard doctors tell us the worst, and we've refused to believe them. Take THAT, naysaying doctors of the world!
5) Because we have bad days and breakdowns and bawl-fests, and then we pick ourselves up and keep right on going.
6) Because we gracefully handle the stares, the comments, the rude remarks. (Well, mostly gracefully.)
7) Because we manage to get ourselves together and get out the door looking pretty good. Heck, we even make sweatpants look good!
8) Because we are strong. Man, are we strong. Who knew we could be this strong?
9) Because we aren't just moms , wives, cooks, cleaners, chauffeurs and women who work. We are moms, wives, cooks, cleaners, chauffeurs, women who work, physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, teachers, researchers, nurses, coaches and cheerleaders. Whew!
10) Because we work overtime every single day.
I love this list. I'm currently struggling with # 6 right now. Maybe these things get better with time?
Hugs to all of my "fellow" mamas. I am blessed to walk this journey beside you.