Dr. Daniel Auer has over 15 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. He takes a whole body approach to health by balancing all the body’s systems through the combination of modern diagnostic methods and holistic healing modalities.
Born in Zurich, Switzerland, Dr. Auer became interested in fitness and health in his teenage years. He obtained a degree in business from Hof Oberkirkch in St. Gallen, Switzerland and worked in the branding and corporate identity field in Zurich for three years.
After his move to the U.S. in 1998 he spent over 10 years in the health and fitness industry, founding a personal training and wellness company called “Health In Motion” which specialized in posture correction, post-rehabilitation, and nutritional consulting. While working with hundreds of clients at Health In Motion, he came to understand that his clients did best when they balanced all aspects of their lives, including lifestyle and diet, strength and endurance, structural integrity and posture, stress management, and maintaining balanced emotional state.
Over the years Dr. Auer worked closely with numerous physicians in the Bay Area. One of these physicians was Dr. Scott Swarthout, a Chiropractic Neurologist and Applied Kinesiologist. Dr. Swarthout’s “whole body” approach resonated deeply with how Dr. Auer felt a doctor should treat disease. From the mentor-ship, Dr. Auer augmented his initial plans to attend medical school and pursued a doctor of chiropractic degree instead, because it was more in line with his belief that a doctor needs to approach health naturally when possible, and should strive to utilize health care as prevention, not as “sick care.”
Today Dr. Auer’s approach to health and wellness has stayed very much the same. He is a firm believer that we are what we eat, and that health is the result of attaining and maintaining balance within all systems of the body. He believes in leading by example and embraces this philosophy not only in his practice, but also in his private life.
- Certified Clinical Nutritionist, National Board Certification Program (CCN) – Currently enrolled
- Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies – Post Doctorate Program for Functional Chiropractic Neurology – Currently enrolled
- Doctor of Chiropractic Palmer College of Chiropractic West, San Jose, CA – 2008
- Business and Finance Degree, Hof Oberkirch St. Gallen, Switzerland – 1995
Dr. Auer is continuously furthering his education and understanding of the body through post-doctorate courses and various seminars ranging from functional medicine, functional endocrinology, natural hormone balancing, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbology, chiropractic neurology, and various chiropractic and soft tissue techniques.
- Board-Certified Chiropractic Physician in the State of California
- CPR, First Aid, AED
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Applied Kinesiology 100Hr Course
- Sacral Occipital Technique
- Thompson Drop Technique
- Graston Technique
- Kinesio Taping (KT1, KT2, KT3)
- Ortho Bionomy
- NASM – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- NSCA-CPT – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- ISSA – International Sports Sciences Association
- APEX – Fitness Professional
- Structural Exercise Specialist – Function First, San Diego, CA
- Posture and Motor Learning
- Perform Better Functional Training Series
AFFILIATIONS / ASSOCIATIONS:
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- International College of Applied Kinesiology (ICAK)
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- American Society for Nutrition
- International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation (IAFNR)
- California Chiropractic Association (CCA)
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
Dr. Auer is a fitness enthusiast and enjoys working out, running, and hiking. Additionally, he is an avid motorcyclist and has been riding motorcycles for over 17 years, having raced in the amateur motorcycle road-racing league (AFM). He also cultivates a regular meditation practice and occasionally enjoys silent meditation retreats.