1. The Foundation is efficient. The Foundation is one of the most efficient organizations of its kind with nearly 90 cents of every dollar raised available for investment in vital CF research, care and education programs.
2. The Foundation is a leader. Virtually every approved CF drug available today was made possible because of Foundation support. Since the 1980s, the Foundation has played an integral role in the development of Pulmozyme(r), TOBI (r) azithromycin and hypertonic saline for use as CF treatments. To date they have committed nearly $300 million to CF drug discovery and development.
3. The Foundation is innovative. The Foundation invests more money in drug discovery and development than any other disease foundation in the country. Forbes, Business Week, USA Today and Newsweek have recognized the Foundation's innovative approach to research, and its venture philanthropy business model is the subject of two Harvard Business School studies.
4. The Foundation is accountable. In 2008 the Foundation achieved the coveted four-star rating for sound fiscal management from Charity Navigator , the largest independent charity evaluator in the United States. The Foundation is also an accredited charity of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, meeting all of its Standards for Charitable Accountability.
5. The Foundation is addingtomorrowsevery day. When the Foundation was established, children born with CF were not expected to live long enough to attend elementary school. Thanks to research and care supported by the Foundation, the median predicted age is now 37 years; more than double what it was 25 years ago.
6. The Foundation is making history. For the first time in the history of the disease, there are therapies in the Foundation's drug development pipeline that addresses the basic defect of CF (a faulty protein.) If successful, these therapies could add decades of life for people with the disease. Early results in the clinical trial for VX-770, an oral drug aimed at addressing the basic defect in CF, show that the compound significantly improves several key trial indicators of the disease--the most promising results the Foundation has seen from a Phase 2 trial.
7. The Foundation is making a difference. Today, more than 44 percent of all people with CF are age 18 or older, thanks to wise investments made by the Foundation in research and comprehensive care. To ensure excellent care, the Foundation has implemented a quality improvement program at its nationwide network of 113 CF care centers. In addition, the Foundation has launches the Program for Adult Care Excellence (PACE) a $5-million initiative to enhance care for adults with CF.
8. The Foundation is taking action. The efforts of the Foundation and its volunteers provide those with CF a voice in Congress. The Congressional CF Caucus has more than 125 members, making it one of the largest caucuses in Congress.
9. The Foundation is forward-thinking. To supplement contributions raised by its dynamic agenda of GREAT STRIDES and special fund-raising events, the Foundation's Milestones to a Cure Campaign was launched to raise $175 million by 2010. To date, Milestones has raised $126 million to support critical therapeutics development.
10. The Foundation is far-reaching. The Foundation has 80 chapters and branch offices throughout the country and supports and accredits a nationwide network of care centers. The CF Services Pharmacy, the Foundation's wholly-owned subsidiary, makes therapies available to nearly 8,000 CF patients nationwide and advocates on behalf of patients working with insurance plans to cover prescription medication.
The Cystic Fibrosis foundation 's pharmacy 's name is Cystic
Fibrosis Services Pharmacy.
IT IS NOT THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS PHARMACY,INC.
That Pharmacy was started years before the foundation did their's. Their's is a contracted pharmacy . , not a building & pharmacist of its own. The original & only one named Cystic Fibrosis Pharmacy is located in Orlando Fl & it serves the world. It also can serve ALL members of your family thru its sister freedom Pharmacy. All meds, equipment (DME ) & supplies. call them for more info -1-888-307-4427