I have been enjoying squash rings for breakfast. Perfect sweet & savory meal.
Baked Squash RingsWith a large knife cut acorn squash into rings (leaving skin on). In a bowl toss rings with a splash of olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. The squash meat will peel right off the skin.
I also was eating them as pancakes for breakfast with a little maple syrup drizzled on top. mmmmmm.....
recipe adapted from here
Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30-45 minutes
Ingredients:2 tbsp garlic, minced1 large onion, diced3 carrots, diced4 stalks celery, diced1 red bell pepper, diced1 tsp red pepper flakes1 zucchini, chopped into chunks3 bay leaves1 tsp dried rosemary1 cup quinoa, dry6 cups low sodium vegetable broth1 cup cannellini beans, soaked (or 1.5 cans)black pepper2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1 can (28oz) peeled roma tomatoes, chopped into chunks2 cups fresh spinach or kale, chopped into thin slices
1. Saute garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, carrots, & celery in oil until soft, 5-7 minutes.
2. Add pepper and zucchini, sauté another 3-5 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups veggie broth, bay leaves, rosemary and black pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Add quinoa and 2 cups of broth, cover and simmer 12 minutes, until quinoa is cooked.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato liquid and beans, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Fill bowl with kale or spinach and pour soup on top to lightly wilt.
I served it warm over corn pasta for my non-raw eating honey.