Everyone worries about their health. They may not admit it out loud while they are eating their favorite food and really enjoying it. Most of what we really love to eat is very unhealthy for us. But we do it anyway.
Looking for the Top 10 Most Unhealthy Foods
Check the grocery shelf and the menu at your favorite restaurants you can completely eat up all the recommended daily allowances in just one or two meals if you are not aware of what you are eating in a single meal. Some of the foods that are really unhealthy for you may surprise you.
Top 10 Most Unhealthy Foods
10. Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie – Eating ½ of the pie is 520 calories and 12 grams of fat. Most people eat the whole pie and receive 1040 calories and 24 grams of saturated fat. Don’t let the label fool you. The nutrition label is for only ½ of the pie.
9. Pop Secret Movie Theater Butter Popcorn – The snack size bag, 6 ounces contains 9 grams of trans fat, the bad fat.
8. Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream – If you manage to only eat ½ cup serving you get 300 calories, ½ of your daily allowance of saturated fats and 1/3 of the daily allowance of cholesterol.
7. Grand’s Cinnamon Rolls – Nutritional content for one cinnamon roll with icing is 310 calories, 2 ½ grams of trans fat, and 23 grams of sugar and 2 grams of saturated fat.
6. Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha – The Venti which is the 20 ounce version even if you use 2% milk is 580 calories and 15 grams of saturated fat.
5. Progresso Traditional, Vegetable Classics and Rich and Hearty Soup- They are loaded with sodium. Most canned soups are full of sodium; you will do better to get the low sodium variations of canned soups.
4. Chipotle Chicken Burrito – A grand total of 970 calories and 17 ½ grams of saturated fats, 2,200 mg of sodium.
3. Olive Garden’s Tour of Italy – Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo, Lightly Breaded Chicken Parmigianino, and Homemade Lasagna serves up a whopping 1450 calories, 3830 mg of sodium and 33 grams of saturated fats. If you add a breadstick, add 150 calories and the garden fresh salad adds another 350 calories.
2. Stone Cold Creamery Gotta Have it Founder’s Favorite – Includes the ice-cream, brownie pieces, fudge, pecans and caramel for a very sweet 1600 calories and 42 grams of saturated fat.
1. Chris Outrageous Chocolate Cake – From the Cheesecake Factory to your arteries. The slice is 5 inches; it contains 1550 calories and 32 teaspoons of sugar and 43 grams of saturated fats.
How to Avoid Eating Unhealthy Foods
The best thing you can do for your own health is to eat a healthy diet. Read labels and menus, choose foods that are healthier for you. It is up to you what you put in your body. Make them healthy foods.