Too Many Negative People in Your Life? - Six Tips to Manage Your Energy by Kathy Atkinson, EFT Cert-1
Right now in America, and I understand in other countries, the struggling economy is a frequent topic of conversation. It can be difficult to manage your energy, and stay positive and optimistic with so many negative conversations swirling around you.
Here are suggestions on how to manage your energy, so you can stay centered, balanced and grounded in these challenging times.
1) Limit your exposure to negative people - It is not about not caring, it is about managing your energy. Stop talking to these people and stop watching the news if it triggers you.
2) Use the EFT for Anxiety Relief session whenever you are triggered by the conversations that others are having about the economy or their jobs. This is a great way to clear and balance your energy system. Use this EFT session regularly and encourage your family, friends and co-workers to get their own copy.
3) Start your day out right. As part of you morning routine, tap on all the EFT energy meridian points while repeating:
I am immune to the fear and negative talk. It passes right through me.
Use your imagination and visualize yourself transparent to any and all negative talk. See any fear, worry or anger coming from the other person just passing through you.
4) On a daily basis, set a clear intention to have the ability to guide conversations to a positive and uplifting place. Post this intention on your bathroom mirror and repeat it every morning:
I intend to be positive and uplifting, and I intend to guide all conversations in that direction.
5) Use the Zip Up everyday to seal your energy system. Place your hand at the end of the Central Meridian, which is located at your pubic bone on the front of your body. Take in a deep breath as you simultaneously move your hand straight up the center of your body to your lower lip. (It may help to visualize a zipper coming together.) Repeat 3 times.
This process is great to do before you go out into public places, malls, meetings or when you need to speak with a boss, a difficult parent, angry child, or when talking to that negative person.
You can add this affirmation while you are zipping up to make it more powerful:
I am centered, balanced and grounded.
You may also want to visualize locking the zipper after you zip up and hiding the key in order to prolong the technique’s effects.
If you forget to do this process before a negative conversation, you can just imagine Zipping Up in your mind's eye while the conversation is taking place.
6) EFT is a great process to use if your negative conversations are taking place over the phone. While you are talking and/or listening, continually tap on the EFT energy meridian points. This continual tapping will help you process the feelings and emotions that are triggered during the conversation.
There is no right or wrong way to use EFT this way. It doesn't matter which EFT points you use. You don’t have to use a specific sequence or tap for a specific length of time. Just continue to tap on the energy points in whatever way feels comfortable for you.
Don’t get caught up in other people’s drama and trauma. It is up to you to manage your energy. Incorporate these simple techniques into your daily routine, so you feel empowered, and in charge of your mood and attitude.