This recipe was inspired by Juli's version at www.paleomg.com Juli includes a method for creating french toast from this banana bread. I confess to not being brave enough to include frying this bread as well (it already has a high fat content).
Ingredients (for one loaf tin)
3 large over-ripe bananas (total about 500g bananas before peeling)
1.5 cups raw unsalted cashews (about 175g)
1 cup almond meal
30mls macadamia oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Grind cashews, either in your blender or in a masticating juicer (I have a Champion juicer and use the nut butter attachment).
2. Stir in the macadamia oil
3. Slice bananas and mix in well, or use a food mixer.
4. Whisk eggs and stir in well, along with remaining ingredients.
5. Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
6. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes. The loaf will brown easily, so turn the temperature down if you need to.
7. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Eat as it, or 'toast' in a frying pan