Inner Peace Philosophy How Deliberate Creators Propogate Peace
by Elyse Hope Killoran Author of "Prosperity From The Inside Out"
1. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... you feel guided to take your focus off the external world. Deliberate Creators know that we are, at all moments, creating our future. Some of us are doing this creating 'deliberately' while others, by getting caught up in the swirl of events that surround us, are doing this creation 'by default'.
Which do you choose: to create deliberately or by default?
2. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... in relationship with others, you strive to bring the focus to areas of harmony and agreement instead of conflict and discord. Deliberate Creators appreciate that what we resist, persists, and therefore make thoughtful determinations of where attention should be placed.
Which relationships in your life could benefit from a short time spent focusing on areas of agreement?
3. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... you let go of the idea that you can only feel peaceful when everything around you is going a certain way and instead, recognize that you have the power within you to choose to experience peace.
Who (or what) have you allowed to destroy your sense of peace - and how can you reclaim it?
4. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... you notice that, when someone 'pushes your buttons', instead of expending your energy trying to get the other person to change, you search inside yourself and ask, 'what happened inside me that led me to react that way to you?' Whenever we feel a painful emotion (anger, resentment, jealousy, fear, depression, desire for vengeance, grief) this simply means that someone has activated one of our wounds and a powerful opportunity for healing lies right in front of us.
The next time you find that your 'buttons' have been pushed, where will you focus your attention -- inward or outward?
5. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... you find yourself put off by anti-war demonstrations and the notion of judging and condemning the players in a dispute. Deliberate Creators understand that we cannot be engaged in a battle and be a source for peace at the same time.
Where are you investing your energy -- in a battle against war or in a commitment to peace?
6. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... you find yourself focusing on what you are wanting instead of what you are not wanting. Deliberate Creators recognize that what we focus on expands and they give careful thought as to what they want to have expand in their lives.
What in the world would you like to see expand?
7. You'll know that you are Deliberately Creating Peace when... instead of praying for an outside force to bring peace to others, you commit to being one who radiates peace from within.