Health knowledge made personal

Complementary & Alternative Medicine Community

Overview Blog Posts Discussions People
Join this community!
› Share page:

Debilitating burning pain of the face and loss of health in the skin of the face for over 10 months. Thank you for helping.

Posted by kard

Friend of mine suffering from severe and debilitating burning pain of the face and loss of health in the skin of the face for over 10 monthes.  Over a year ago she developed small patch of hyperpigmentation, with limited burning sensation at that time.  Over several months, more blotchiness in the skin, both hyper and hypo pigementation. 
Last December, the ceaseless burning pain began and has not abated (now 10 months later).  The pain is exacerbated by sunlight (nearly any at all), touch, hot or cold.  She cannot make facial expressions because of the pain and if she moves too much or touches the skin much it tears (these tears are hardly visible to the eye).  The skin at times disentigrates in very small and thin patchs, and these patchs are also barely detectable.
Have seen various providers with no success.  No one has really known what this is, and no prescribed remedies have been successful.  I hope you can help - please let me know if you have any ideas, know of what I could research further or a true expert in facial dermotology and/or nerve pain I could speak with.  Thank you very much.

Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

Hi Kard

 Your friend's skin problem sounds absolutely miserable.

 Just covering the obvious first - I'm guessing she's visited a dermatologist or at the very least had a skin swab taken to check for the presence of a fungal infection?

 Regards, Olwen :-) 

This certainly can be helped by acupuncture.  Let me know if you need help finding someone in your part of the world.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: