Best Energy Building Supplements for Those Feeling Run Down, Tired and Exhausted.
Posted Sep 13 2008 11:48pm
For individuals feeling the brunt of this busy holiday season or at anytime where stress levels increase and energy takes a dive; there are helpful, harmless supplements that can help you get back to your productive, energetic self.
Energy is rooted in blood sugar and fat. Glucose (blood sugar) and fat are the principal energy sources for your body But the chemical reactions that burn them for energy depend on various nutrients. We have highlighted the top 5 energy boosters with their daily doses.
1. B Vitamins- Bs play multiple roles in energy-producing reactions. Take the entire B complex, but make sure that your supplements contains at least 25 to 50 mgs of B1, B2, and B3. I am a huge fan of the liquid B Complex.
2. CoQ10 helps shuttle energy-containing electrons in your body. Take 30 to 100mgs daily. These levels decrease as you age and older individuals will feel significant changes in energy levels. This is a significant supplement with anti-aging properties. The Japanese administer CoQ10 to help fight and reverse cardiovascular diseases.
3. Carnitine helps cells burn fats. Take 500 to 1000mg daily.
4. Chromium may improve the activity of insulin, the hormone involved in burning glucose. Take 400 mcg daily.
5. Vitamin E protects against hazardous free radicals. Take 400 to 800 IU daily.
For Athletes like Runners,, Body Builders, Gymnasts or individuals engaged in intense physical activity should consider adding these supplements as well:
Creatine may help restore energy levels. Take 5 gm daily. Ribose helps increase stamina and strength. Take 2 to 5 gm daily.