even the King and Queen of Thailand sponsor a coffee shop here
Royal Project Coffee Shop
Name of another coffee shop/cafe, in a cute reading corner above Siam Square...
3. More bike love, probably from Brooklynites living here
There are a tiny amount of bikers in BKK- I
4. Vigilance re: dog body functions
5. Green Roofage:
6. Vintage-y (night) market:
Volkswagens all over, in mint condition!
Party Van! This is a mobile bar created with a VW van. Sorry for poor picture quality
Puppeteering meets vintage, hello!
These images are all from the Railway Market, which sets up at night on weekends in the old rail yard. A band plays here too, and its music filtered across the calm, happy railyard market scene.
7. Neo-Victorian Fashion
turn of century fashion? 20s? Zelda Fitzgerald?
8. Hello Kitty (ok that’s a trend everywhere, for the past 50 years.)
9. Japanese food obsession!
Amazing Izakaya restaurant:
Spam Musubi: home-cookin style!
spam in a bath of teriyaki and steak sauce
snapped up before I could capture their full glory
10. Glorious (if smoggy) sunsets
11. Public transit that is useful yet underutilized
skytrain downtown: the Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS)
a nice cold ride
12. Fresh fresh food and street carts
Jackfruit easily accessible in the city!
Fruits at the gigantic fresh market near Jatujak
Miang Kham, the fresh components of the Thai Flavor Bite
Flavor bite in full glory
Making fresh Som Tam, aka Green Papaya Salad
Som Tam to go, in all its garlicky goodness
I could add a hundred more photos about food!