Cardiovascular disease or cardiac diseases refers to the class of diseases that involve the heart or blood vessels (arteries and veins). any condition which causes the malfunctioning of the heart , involving its blood vessels can be categorised under cardiac diseases.
Cardiovascular diseases may include angina, myocardial infarct, atherosclerosis, myocardial ischemia, heart rupture, left ventricular failure, heart failure etc.
In any cardiac emergency, the person should be immediately shifted to the nearby hospital to avoid any complications and loss of lives.
* The basic line of treatment according to ayurveda includes, massage with dry ginger powder, mustard`powder, eucalyptus powder.
* Ginger, betel, tulsi leaf juice mixed with honey can be used sublingually(kept under the tongue).
* Ayurvedic preparations such as Prabhakar Ras, Arjunarista, Shring Bhasma, Akik Pishthi, Abrakh Bhasma, Brahatvatchintamani, jawahar mohra, Mrugshringa Bhasma, Laxmivilas, Kasturibhairav are used, but it should be under strict medical guidance.
This should be followed by observation of the person till complete recovery is attained.
Hypertension commonly referred to as "high blood pressure" or HTN, is a medical condition in which the blood pressure is chronically elevated.
In this diseases, the pressure exerted by the blood on the walls of the arteries is increased. it mainly affects the small arteries and the capillaries which, due to excess pressure, sometimes rupture and cause internal haemorrhage and embolus, sometimes even leading to paralysis.
According to ayurveda, vitiation of the 'vata dosh' and blood is the main cause of this disease. so, the factors which are responsible for the increase of vata dosh are the causes of this diseas.
In Ayurveda, treatment of Hypertension is divided into two phases. 1. Avoiding conditions responsible for causing the disease. 2. Therapeutic use of medicaments.
* Ayurvedic formulations such as Sarpagandha Vati along with Brahmi Vati churna, Amarsundari Vati is commonly used. * Dhanvantari Gulika can also be given as single or along with some antihypertensive therapy.
* Diuertics such as punarnava, Gokhshur are either used in combination os as single drug.
* Amla jam and Gulkand are beneficial to maintain the blood pressure.
Hypotension is abnormally low blood pressure, i.e when the blood pressure falls down from 120/80 mm of Hg (normal blood pressure) to 90/60 mm of Hg due to various causes is known as hypotension.
In short, the condition, where the pressure or the tension of blood reduces to below normal.
The patient suffers from lethargy, vertigo, weakness, numbness in the whole body and may go into depression.
If this condition is not treated in time, complication such as Shock can occur.
* According to Ayurveda, the treatment includes medicines which boosts the blood circulation, thus maintaining the normal blood pressure.
* Among these,Navjeevan Vati, Makardhwaj Vati and Brahtvatchintamani are some of the important drugs.
* Ashwagandhadhi powder, trikatu churna, Drakshasava, Dashmoolarista are some other useful medicines.
* Ashwagandharista and Arjun bark powder should be administered as per requirement.
Note: In all such complicated conditions immediate medical attention is required. All these medications should be used under strict medical advice.