8 Easy ways to Get and Keep Naturally Beautiful Skin
Posted Sep 22 2008 11:00am
Summer is almost at its close and as we get back from our vacations and put the kids in school we need to also take time to care for our skin.
There are eight easy and great tips to make your skin look and feel superb!
1. Select moisturizers made with vegetable oils. Avoid mineral oil. Veggie oils like olive, sweet almond oil, corn, etc contain fatty acids which help to moisturize and soften the skin. Mineral oil is derived from petroleum and does not contain anything that helps to nourish the skin.
2. Look for herbs and herbal derivatives in your cosmetics. Herbs and their derivatives (essential oils, extracts, and infusions) contain natural chemicals which soothe tone and help condition the skin.
Two herbs which are especially useful are lavender and tea tree oils.
3. At least once a week, soak your feet in warm water and gently exfoliate dead sin with a pumice stone. Follow up by moisturizing your feet with a a natural foot oil or foot lotion. 4. Every week, soak in a tub of bath salts. I'm a huge fan of taking relaxing baths. Primarily dead sea salts are rich in minerals and help draw out impurities within the skin. Essentially they detox the largest organ of your body; your skin.
5. After showering, use a body oil or lotion made from veggie oils.
6. For blemish and dry skin prevention, moisturize your skin AM and PM with products that contain veggie oils. These contain fatty acids which help moisturize and protect your skin from minor irritations.
7. Buy toners made without rubbing alcohol or ethyl acohol. These alcohol based ingredients dry out and irritate the skin.
8. After every hand washing; moisturize your hands with a natural lotion that will help them remain soft and supple.
Healthy Being promotes natural health & wellness products and lifestyles.
View more healthy related articles at: