What's there to be positive about will be your question??? The Recession? Job cuts? Rising debts? The list goes on and on? I hear you? I have been there and I have not completely risen above it. However if you don't want all the above to lead you to serious illnesses, then you have to find things to be positive about? How can you do that?? Impossible? No, I've tried it and so have others and it Definitely elevated my mood and outlook.
Well there are 7 ways I've found to help you bring good things your way! Take this challenge for 7 days by doing these Seven activities daily. Are you Ready to take this 7 day challenge???
1. Be thankful for what you DO have! You have a roof over your head. You do have some good health, a good bed to sleep on, Your intelligence! What about family and friends? I find it good to give thanks in the morning when I awake.
2. Make a funny face in front of the washroom mirror and laugh for about 5 minutes, while doing your bathroom routine, after that, take 3 long slow deep breaths. You could continue laughing while you're doing your bathroom routine. Caution - don't laugh while shaving, guys! You can smile.
3.Cut back your intake of negative news from newspapers, radio,television or the Internet.You are protesting,"I want to be current on the news". You will not miss much - "Bad" news travel fast". Put on some lively or soothing music according to your preferences.
4. Look for the good news! They travel slowly. Also look for the good things you see around you on the street, at work and at home and smile. Spend at least one hour quality time with yourself or your family. Accentuate the positive.
5. Find positive things to say at work or home. Tactfully change the subject if negative ones crop up in your conversations and discussions. Accentuate the Positive.
6. Watch comedies or funny shows on TV or at the movies! Invest in a book of jokes. Read a couple of pages a day. Cut out "Funny Pictures or Cartoons" Stick them on areas like your work station, fridge, TV, to remind you to smile. Brisk exercise for 20 minutes or laughing exercises for 20 minutes. Laughing for 20 minutes including belly laughs is equivalent to an hour's jog.
7. In the evening, give thanks for your day and look forward to the next one.
The first couple of days will be very challenging, I promise, you should enlist support from a couple of friends or family members. If you did not complete the Seven instructions the first or second day, don't be discourage, just continue with the 7 day challenge. If you have more than this seven to make you feel positive, then use them. Also remember, you could write on my comments for help and support and I will reply privately if you wish.
I do want to hear from as many of you on this 7 day challenge which will begin this Friday. However, you may start it any day for 7 days. I am rooting for you!