Dry hair is common to many people, both men and women. Dry hair leads to damaged hair. It is important to keep your hair moisturized to avoid more damage since you are already at risk.
Causes of Dry Natural Hair
Chemical treatments are not the only thing that can damage hair. You may have never had a perm or colors added to your hair and still suffer from dry brittle hair. Everyday environmental factors can cause dryness to hair such as the sun or chlorine in swimming pools. Some of us just have dry hair naturally. There are products available to treat it.
10 Best Moisture Products for Natural Hair
10. Rebalance Shampoo and Conditioner – is available online. It promises to heal damage, feed the hair root, eliminate split ends and provide moisture from the inside out.
9. Silk Elements MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray – protects the hair from heated styling tools. An additional benefit of this product is frizz control.
8. Alterna Hemp with Organics Styling Mud – This can be used on either wet or dry hair. It offers good hold and body to the hair as it nourishes dry hair.
7. Mane ‘N Tail Herbal Spray Therapy – This is a leave in conditioner which you apply before you use heated styling tools. The product prevents hair breakage.
6. Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum – Prevents frizz from humidity. It helps to straighten dry and curly hair. It is effective on coarse hair to help soften and smooth the finish.
5. John Frieda Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème – Helps to seal in moisture and block damage. The product also contains a sunscreen to help further protect dry hair.
4. John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo for Dry Hair- This product does not add more dryness to your hair. The shampoo cleans your hair without drying it and adds protection from dryness.
3. John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner for Dry Hair- Compliments the shampoo. Leave it on for a few minutes in the shower before rinsing it out. Make sure it soaks in near the ends and roots of your hair.
2. Infusium 23 Leave in Conditioner for Chemically Damaged Hair – Is great to use on natural dry hair whether you have chemical damage or not. It protects the hair from further damage. Use it before you go out into the sun or before you use heat tools on your hair.
1. Redken’s All Soft Heavy Crème Treatment for Dry Brittle Hair- This is a product that can be used weekly or monthly depending on how dry and damaged your hair is. Simply smooth it on and cover it with something like a shower cap for awhile, then rinse it out. You can get this at most beauty supply stores.
Protect Your Hair with the Best Moisture Products for Natural Hair
If your hair is naturally dry and brittle you are at more risk for damage from natural elements than those who do damage their hair with chemicals. You need to find a good product that works to heal your dry hair and protect it from the environment you come into contact with each day. You will have healthy hair and get the added benefit of a great looking head of hair.