Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

I have an inflamed tendon on the side of my left foot. Feels bruised like. What is the best way to get rid of this.

Posted by mare

What can I do to get rid of an inflammed tendon on the side of my left foot.  When I touch it it feels so bruised.  Very painful when I walk or just touch it.  Thank you.
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Hmmm . . . I'm curious as to why you think it's a bruised tendon.  I'm more concerned about a bone bruise or even stress fracture.  I'd suggest seeing your family physician to get evaluated, possibly even xray'd.  Assuming that it's just a bone bruise, then a walking cast/boot will allow you to function while healing.  Of course, if it's a fracture, you have to find out why and whether you're at risk for other fractures.  In other words, consider checking your bone mineral density via dual energy xray absorptiometry (DEXA or DXA) and checking your 25OH vitamin D level.  Also depending upon where the pain in your foot is locate, you might have gout or bunion so you'd need some blood work for the former to check your uric acid level.  A podiatrist would be helpful in treating your bunion.  Good luck!
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: