- Drained a cyst. That's a given. And there was only one this time. According to the pictures, it was just in an odd place.
- Another hormone therapy delivery method...happened? I don't know how to phrase that. But let's just say I'm on a different hormone therapy now.
- The pelvic congestion syndrome? It's practically nonexistent anymore. Yea, you read that correctly. Bye, bye, painful varicose veins! You can suck it.
- My blood pressure didn't plummet and my heart rate stayed pretty consistent. That almost never happens! The fact that they didn't have to drown me in beta blockers during/after surgery makes me very, very happy. My oxygen levels, however, got really low for awhile after I woke up. I had to keep the itchy oxygen crap on my face even after I got up to my room. No idea what that was all about.
So, nothing too eventful. It took longer than I thought it would, there were more surgeons in there than I thought would be in there, and more stuff was cut out than I thought would be. I have fancy pictures of my innards in HD now! But I won't post those.Unless someone wants to see them...which I doubt.
So I spent the night at Brookwood surrounded by mini chocolate milk cartons and drugged up on Dilaudid. I had some minor allergic reaction where my face and neck swelled, turned red, and had what almost looked like welts. But the meds helped the surgery pain so much that it was worth it. I had to stay a little bit longer than I expected. But do you know what that means? More chocolate milk. Awriiiight.
I came home sometime yesterday afternoon and crashed.
I even came home to a lovely card from the doctor's office wishing me happy healing! I love this doctor so much. More importantly, I trust him. I was the first patient that he's used the robot on in about three years. I had no hesitations or concerns about that, because that's how much I trust him.
Today, two of my buddies from class came to visit me today! They brought me lots of good things. I love the people in my life. I've been crazy the past few weeks, and I'm glad they've stuck by me. I've felt like I've been going insane, so it's really nice to know that people care.
So the things I have to deal with now are:
1) Wait for the biopsy results
2) Get caught up on homework
3) Hope the pain gets better
Until then, here is a picture of Samson The Cat playing with a lil blue kitty.
Thank you to everyone who's been sending good thoughts my way, praying, and thinking about me. I appreciate everything y'all do. <3 No matter what you believe in, it's always nice to be thought about.
"If you're feeling happy vibes, they're from me. [...] I'm vibin' you real hard. I'm building a wall of love around you, three inches all around." - from Rob Sheffield's Love is a Mix Tape