I'd like to begin our post with our three facts for the day about Lupus that we can all spread via our facebook pages, twitter status', email etc. To help educate and spread awareness about Lupus, which is part of our CHRONICLYsILLy Campaign for Lupus Awareness taking place all this week!
Fact 1: 90% of Lupus patients are women.
Fact 2: There are 11 American College of Rheumatology Criteria for lupus. This is how Lupus is diagnosed. You must have at least 4 of the 11 listed and approved Criteria.
Fact 3: No two Lupus patients or cases are alike. Lupus manifests itself differently in each and every case, making it not only very difficult to diagnosis, but also very difficult to treat and research to find more effective lupus specific treatments.
Those are our 3 Learning about Lupus facts for this Sunday morning! I hope you share them with any and all that you think might be interested in learning about lupus, and a big thanks to all that shared our facts yesterday and are banding together to raise awareness!
Now! Let's get a little CHRONICLYsILLy! It has been a long week for all of us and in light of a relaxing and comfy Sunday ahead of me, I'm feeling extra witty and a bit sassy this morning. Well guess what--> I'm going to blame it on the Prednisone! That's right! You heard me! GOD DAMN PREDNISONE! (go ahead give it shot it feels good!) Any one who has ever taken a higher dose or a long duration dose of this drug knows exactly what I am talking about. A drug that almost seems to do more harm than good (but in the end usually pulls through for all of us...Ugh!) that comes with a laundry list of side effects and medical complications. So today, in honor of a long week that was full of ups and downs, we are going to compile a list of things you can feel free to blame on prednisone (and this list does not end here, please feel free to tack on comments at the bottom of the page and add your own as well!)
Blame it on the Prednisone!
- I feel exhausted all day and then when it comes to time to lay down for bed, I am wide awake-- Blame it on the prednisone!
- I feel as if I cannot think straight and why the hell am I alway so confused and foggy?-- Blame it on the prednisone!
- My face has ballooned up and I look like a squirrel ready to go into hibernation storing food in my cheeks--Blame it on the prednisone!
- My appetite is equivalent to that of a man that just completed the Iron man triathlon-- Blame it on the prednisone!
- I feel overwhelmed with joy one minute, and the next I am biting your head off because how dare you greet me a good morning-- Blame it on the prednisone!
- I am now taking 3 other prescription medications to cope with the side effects of my prednisone-- I am 100% blaming that on the prednisone!
- My skin is excessively dry and my hair is brittle and thinning-- Blame it on the prednisone!
- I liked watermelon yesterday, Today I HATE IT! How come you can't remember that? -- Blame it on the prednisone!
- I cannot focus on anything because I am too focused on everything!--Blame it on the prednisone!
- I AM STILL a nice person, I just have an extra Sassy side now and if you say something or do anything that even remotely bothers me I will call you out!-- Blame it on the Prednisone!
- Yes! I am going to blame EVERYTHING on the Prednisone-- Blame it on the prednisone!
- Wait... What we're we talking about? --Blame it on the prednisone!
I could go on for hours with this list, and Im laughing as I sit here and 5 more jump into my head, as Im sure they are leaping out of yours and screaming to be added to the list that is never ending! And remember--- If all else fails-- blame it on the prednisone!