Today I found an interesting question on one of my community sites. Here is what was asked:In your opinion or basing from your experiences, what is healthy healing in reflection?I found myself thinking about the question and decided to share my answer on my site as well as on blogcatalog.com.
In my point of view, the following technique is a good way to reflect in a healthy way:
- an individual must first decide to choose a specific time to reflect,
- be specific about what you want to focus on,
- think about one challenge (issue) at a time,
- determine what you want and decide if it is realistic,
- be open and non-judgmental,
- realize the answer to your questions or issues may require sharing your feelings with another individual,
- if you have a difficult time expressing your feelings with another individual, write them down on paper,
- if you shared your feelings with someone, reaffirm your respect for their opinion and end on a positive tone.
This technique or strategies enables an individual to establish an atmosphere of cooperative problem-solving and/or reflection.
I hope and pray this post has helped someone today.