Sorry about the longer than expected absence. I think I'm having a delayed crash from my trip to the Midwest (see Back from the Midwestern US for background). I've been sick with a fever all weekend. I've slept about 16 hours per day (including naps) since Friday and haven't felt up to blogging (or really doing anything).
The Georgetown research coordinator called me a little over a week ago to let me know that they wanted to schedule me for October. He asked me when I was not available, so I gave him those dates. He then told me he'd get back to me soon with dates they could schedule me. I then asked if they still needed more healthy volunteers, and he answer was a resounding yes. I promised that I would get the word out.
I was really excited after this phone call, thinking that this was actually going to happen for me.
I still haven't heard back...and October is just a few days away. This situation has been dragging on since August 1. I'm suspecting (and a few others have mentioned this to me as well) that they need many more healthy volunteers before they can bring in more CFIDS patients. Unfortunately, it seems that not many healthy people are willing to undergo a voluntary lumbar puncture. Go figure.
Another hitch in the plan is that there is a chance that I may not be able to get the time off from work to participate in the study. This possibility is upsetting to me. Of course, I hope everything works out because it would mean a lot for me to be a part of significant CFS research. I'm not exactly sure why participating in this study is so important to me. It just is.
Today's Activities: home. Today's Most Annoying Symptoms: exhaustion, muscle fatigue, headache, eczema flare up on right ankle, low-grade fever.
Mood (10 is best): 5 Energy (10 is best): 2 (after sleeping all day), 1 (most of this weekend) Physical Discomfort (10 is worst): 4