These tips are for people that have children in their lives.
* Talk to your child about safety without making them too scared of people and how to handle themselves. Just try to teach them to be aware of their surroundings.
* Encourage your child to talk to you about anything that might be bothering them and let them know any subject is open to communication.
* Your child should know their full name, phone number and address. They should know your full name, not just Mommy or Daddy. Teach them how to dial 911, how to use a pay phone and make collect calls.
* Tell them never to go anywhere with an adult they do not know. How they should act or react towards strangers.
* Tell them not to approach or enter an unknown vehicle.
* Decide what to do if you and your child are separated in a public place and make sure they understand what they should do.
As a parent you should know where your child is at all times and remember to keep your child's records updated. We all have a tendency to label their clothing, backpacks, and personal items. This is not good because a stranger might use that information to their benefit.
I hope and pray that these tips help someone today.