The Role Model In You – Ilana Muhlstein, Nutritionist
Posted Dec 28 2012 4:02pm
Today’s Guest, Ilana Muhlstein
As part of the new web series, The Role Model In You — here is the most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Ilana Muhlstein, Nutritionist, 24, Dietetic Intern at City of Hope Hospital and Certified Yoga Instructor
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My great aunt lived till she was 101 years old and always stayed active and fit. She always walked everywhere and ate a healthy balanced diet.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She always demonstrated healthy habits around me.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
She inspired me to lose weight when I was overweight as a kid which jump started my career in nutrition and fitness.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
100% She taught me the key to a long healthy life is a healthy diet and regular physical activity and I definitely teach that method on a daily basis.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Go out and play! Get involved in a sport young. Being part of a sports team gives you discipline, social interaction, positive reinforcement and of course, a regular exercise routine to keep you fit and healthy.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?
I do provate nutritional and yoga instruction and have great healthy recipes, fitness videos, and articles on the site as well. :