Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

My 5yo son has had high fevers, up to 103 since yesterday, now has a croupy cough. Should I take him to the doc now or wait?


Posted by ttmommy

With all the H1N1 info out there I'm not sure what to do. He's had the fever on & off for the last 36 hours, which breaks with Tylenol or Motrin. The croupy cough started early this morning. He's drinking as much fluids as I can get into him & is his normal self unless he's got the high fever.
 
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Take him to the doctor, he could have croup or maybe bronchitis. Better safe than sorry. Hope he feels better soon.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: