Dentist Offers 7 Tips For Finding The Perfect Dentist
Posted Aug 24 2014 4:00am
Nearly one-third of all Americans did not see a dentist in the last year, and Louisville dentist Dr. Ronald Receveur knows there are many factors that contribute to that number.
But Dr. Receveur, who practices in New Albany, Ind., across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., wants people to know that they have choices when it comes to selecting their dentist.
“Dentistry is not like it was when you were a kid,” Dr. Receveur said. “With sedation dentistry, you no longer have to fear pain.”
Dr. Receveur knows that some people are concerned with the cost of dentistry, especially dental implant costs.
“Most reputable dentists will be able to help you find an affordable payment option that doesn’t overextend your finances while still making sure you have good dental health,” he said.
Some dentists are able to perform all dental procedures, including CT scans and dental laboratory work, in their office. Dr. Receveur is one, which allows patients to have all aspects of their implant, general and cosmetic dental work done in his New Albany dental implant clinic.
To find just the right dentist for you, Dr. Receveur offers these 7 tips for finding the best match:
1. Get recommendations from friends and family. Word of mouth is still the most trusted form of advertising.
2. Search the web. A dentists’ website should give you a good feel for what he or she thinks is important.
3. Read all testimonials on a dentist’s site. The last says testimonials must include a proportionate sampling of all received.
4. Watch video testimonials. Do they seem authentic or like the person is reading?
5. When possible, do a consultation first. Are you comfortable talking to the dentist? Does it seem like a good fit?
6. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. First and foremost, you are the person responsible for your health.
7. Look for a warranty. Dentists should be confident in their work. But be sure to look for details such as what is covered, for how long and what are the exceptions.
“Dental health is very important not only for your teeth but your overall health as well,” Dr. Receveur said. “Find a dentist you are happy to see, not obligated to see.”
Dr. Receveur offers Louisville cosmetic dentistry services and general dentistry such as teeth cleanings, X-rays, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, teeth whitening and veneers.
Dr. Receveur also is an expert in more advanced implant dentistry like All on Four dental implants, All on Six dental implants, mini dental implants, dental implants in one day, dental implants in one hour, Strickland facelift dentures, bone grafting and sinus lifts, all with IV sedation dentistry.