Bridal Fitness: Finding the Perfect Personal Trainer
Posted May 10 2009 7:04am
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut. You don’t make it to the gym all week. You feel bad about not going. You devour a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. You feel worse. Sound familiar?
The solution? Maybe it’s time for a Personal Trainer to give you a swift kick in your lycra workout pants. Just don’t fall for any beautiful body with the word TRAINER plastered across their shirt. There is no time for second rate workouts when your wedding WOW moment is on the line. Here are 6 interview questions you need to ask before hiring the perfect Personal Trainer.
1. What is your training style? If you’re a sensitive soul, you don’t want a Trainer who yells in your face. If your fitness knowledge is vast, you want a Trainer who doesn’t talk down to you.
2. How do you train brides differently from your other clients? In their answer, listen for key words that speak to you: Stress Relief, Posture Practice, Time limitations, specific training based on your dress style, etc.
3. How do you deal with clients that slack off?
Don’t give them hints on how YOUR occasional bouts of lethargy need to be dealt with just yet. Let them reveal their secrets first.
4. What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Be aware of the fine print.
5. What kind of education and certifications do you hold?
Some gyms certify their own “Trainers” in a matter of weeks which means any ol’ employee can pose as a professional. What you need is a Trainer that has an accredited certification by the like ASCM, ACE or NASM.
6. Why are you the best Personal Trainer for me? This is their opportunity to make you a believer…and remove that pint of Ben & Jerry’s from your hands