I was talking about it on Twitter and several of you asked for the tips that Julie taught me, so here you go
- Product: I used a foam mousse and Julie used a root lift (she used Pureology Root Lift, I used a mousse I had from Garnier) before drying my wet hair. PS - Dry it like I do in this tutorial .
- Section It: Horizontally divide your hair into three sections. Clip the top two up on the top of your head and start with the hair at the bottom.
- Take a 1-1.5" section of hair and lightly spray it with hairspray. Using a 1.25" - 1.5" barrel, curl your hair away from your face while keeping the iron completely vertical.
- Release hair and repeat with remaining sections working up towards the top of your head.
- Lightly run your fingers through your hair to break up the tight curls a little, then spray with hairspray.
It probably took me about 5-10 minutes longer to do this as opposed to straightening my hair and I was really happy with the look! A big thanks to Julie who needs to start a hair blog to teach us all of these tricks!