HELLO EVERYONEDue to the fact that our meeting falls during the same week of the K-12 Spring Break, many of us will be out of town or have kids at home, not in school....therefore, we are CANCELING THE MARCH 17 MEETING. But please readon as we do have some important items that need to be addressed by our groupand we need your input.
1. IMPORTANT. We have the opportunity to change our meeting time on the 3rd Thursday from 11:00 - 1:00 to 1:00 - 3:00. That way we can keep our same day, just move the time back so that Joanie and possibly Dr. Nakaji would be able to attend our meetings more readily. So PLEASE LET US KNOW if that would work for you...NEED YOUR INPUT!!
2. ITEM OF INTEREST: The AZ. Neuropathy Support Group meets in Scottsdale the 2nd Friday of each month at the Granite Reef Senior Center, 1700 N. Granite Reef Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85259. Contact: Donna Brower - 480.312.1720 for speaker information and time.
3. ITEM OF INTEREST: The Disabilities Empowerment Center (DEC) is having a Community Health and Wellness Fair presented by the 12 Agencies housed in the Center on Sat. April 9 from 9:00 - 4:00 located 5025 E. Washington St., Nina Mason Pulliam Conference Center. Offers: Multiple education and exhibition opportunities as well as health care professionals to answer questions. Topics: assistive tech, depression in chronic illness,naturopathic medicine, relationships & intimacy and much more. ASCIA (AZSpinal Cord Injury Assoc.) and ABIL (Arizona Bridge to Independent Living)are excellent organizations that champions those of the disabilities community. It would be beneficial for you to get to know these groups. Kathie and Shelley plan to attend., anyone that would like to meet us there, please contact Shelley or Kathie.
4. IMPORTANT: Beth Wells and her son, Brandon are heading up the Conquer Chiari "Walk Across America" walk this year. The walk is scheduled in September. She will need many volunteers and of course more Corporate Sponsorships. So as soon as she is ready - we need to jump in to give her our support. Here is an email address to learn more about the walk as well as sign up to volunteer and sell sponsorships. ChiariWalkAZ@cox.net
5. MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Reminder next meeting for the Az Syringo & ChiariSupport Group will be April 21. It will be after the dreaded taxes so no excuses - a must attend....we have much to discuss. Hopefully at our meeting will be Joanie again, Clinical Nurse of Dr. Nakaji, which was absolutely wonderful I might add. She is great.... I should say,.... They are Great!!!
6. THAT'S IT - Have a fun meeting off month and get ready for another great meeting in April. See you soon - We wish you pain free days and nights!