I am sent a couple of different cookbooks and products to review from time to time, and most are ok, and I write a nice post if I like them…But I must say, I really love this book!
1) The author, Anne Byrn, takes gluten-free mixes and makes additions to “doctor” them in too much better dishes. By starting with a mix, I am able to cut out half of the work! I can just add the mix-ins that I want and wah-la ! I love it!
2) The pictures! There are fantastic pictures at the beginning of the cookbook with rows and rows of cakes, with each named and the page number listed below! Now you can choose by the beautiful picture instead of trying to imagine the final product as with some cookbooks.
3) She also includes dairy-free versions! I am not dairy-free, but I know many people who are, and this is a really nice touch and attention to detail.
4) Lots of information about the gluten-free diet, how to safely (within reason) make a GF cake in a non-GF kitchen, etc. I appreciate the information included for those who are baking for a GF family member or friend!
5) Easy to follow recipes!
6) Room to write notes next to recipes, such as what worked and what didn’t. I hate when cookbooks are printed on a glossy type of paper and I can’t make notes. These pages are more like your average printer paper, a little thicker, and are great for jotting down notes.
7) Variety! There are recipes for cakes, cookies, brownies, and more. Lots of yummy treats for everyone. I like cake, but not all the time (and not enough to have a cake cookbook) but I will use the other recipes for desserts for group events, meetings, etc, where a cake isn’t always the easiest thing to transport and share.
The price is perfect! Amazon.com is selling it for under $9.00. I am shocked.