In my search for gluten free, all natural hair care products that don't break the bank, I happened upon products from the Giovanni Cosmetics line. From their website: " Giovanni Cosmetics uses formulas that incorporate vitamins, herbs, minerals, proteins, nutrients and the purest of essential oils. The patented Giovanni PureOrganic Technology™ represents an exquisite blend of exotic organic oils, ripe-harvested from renewable plants at the peak of their freshness. The oils are cold pressed and refrigerated immediately to ensure maximum purity."
I was skeptical, since they are cheaper than other products they are next to on the shelf...by far actually. But, I gave them a try:
1. Tea Tree Triple Threat Shampoo ($5.99 at Whole Foods, about $4 on Amazon*): I'm loving it! It's light and invigorating without weighing my hair down - I tend to have normal to dry hair. So far, so good!
2. Tea Tree Triple Threat Conditioner ($5.99 at Whole Foods, about $4 on Amazon*): Loving this one as well! I don't need conditioner every day, but when I do, it does the trick without being too heavy. A definite winner!
3. Natural Mousse Air-Turbo Charged Hair Styling Foam($7.99 at Whole Foods, about $6 at Amazon*): Fantastic! It looks like water in the clear bottle, but it dispenses as foam. I need about 4 or 5 pumps for my hair, but that's ok...it's cheap enough! It provides hold, though perhaps not as well as it's chemical counterparts. It's doing the trick during this humidity! Has a nice smell, too. I brought it to my last hair appointment for my stylist to check out and use on me (my salon doesn't carry GF products). She was amazed at how it did for the price! She said she will be recommending it to other gluten free clients.
4. LA Hold Hair Styling Spritz ($7.99 at Whole Foods, about $6 at Amazon*): Pretty darn good! Again, I need to use a few more squirts than I'm used to, but I'm ok with that. I also brought this to my last hair appointment and my stylist like it as well.
* There are a few different sellers of these products on Amazon. Check around for the best deal on the cost of the product plus shipping.