Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Hip Hop Abs- Day 10 & 11 OH NO I Didn't

Posted Oct 21 2008 12:20am
Oh no! I didn’t! No pics. No measurements. No nothing.
I was on a frosting kick. With EnviroKids animal crackers. At 2 am this morning. With a tupperware container filled with gooey and smooth chocolate frosting in one hand and a box of crackers in the other. Surfing the web and not being able to sleep. I suddenly looked down at what I was eating and realized why I had not lost any inches at all in my 10 Day game plan. Do I feel any different? Do I look different? How is my energy? Oh no, no, no. Cut me one small piece of slack it is that time of month and I’ve been an emotional wreck this weekend. So I felt I was justified in demolishing chocolate soy pudding and animal crackers on Friday, 4 (yes I counted) cupcakes with the most amazing frosting on Saturday, and then whatever horrific dessert I allowed myself last night.
But at least I worked out?
I try to keep myself upbeat and happy most of the time, due to the fact that my amazing boyfriend pushes me to keep thinking positive, keep looking at the sun, don’t let anything bring me down. I would say about 75% of the time, this works. The other 25% of the time I do exactly what I did this weekend, sabatoge my own efforts with unhealthy eating and binging. Then coupled with this my own self image dwindles down to shaky at best and I self conciously cover my stomach at all costs. Hoodies, tunic tops, big coats, were all my friend this weekend.
As I was sadly dumping the remains of my frosting in the trash can I remembered my commitment that I made to myself to be the healthiest person I could be and that meant changing the way I thought about food and how I dealt with my food cravings.
My promise today is to renew my commitment to HHA and healthy eating. Just because frosting is gluten and dairy free doesnt mean it’s healhty. And just becuase it’s in front of me, doesn’t mean I have to eat it.
I’ll pump it up for the next three days and see what my results are then. And every time I have a craving for something sweet, I’ll be strapping on my iPod and dancing until the craving goes away. I have plenty of practice to do anyway! I have dance practice on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Yesterday when I did HHA my knee did not bother me at all, so I am looking foward to a pain free dance party tonight.
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches