This recipe was inspired by one I found yesterday in Everyday Food Magazine. The original recipe was for Chocolate Brownie Cookies, but I made a bunch of tweaks to convert the recipe into a gluten-free cookie with a crispy outer layer and a soft and chewy inside. You' ll need to use my GF All-Purpose Flour Mix or another gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Vanessa' s All Purpose GF Flour Mix 2 cups brown rice Flour 3/4 cup cornstarch 2 tablespoons tapioca flour 1 teaspoon xanthan gum Gluten-Free Soft & Chewy Chocolate Cookies 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened) 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 3 eggs 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups Vanessa' s All Purpose GF Flour Mix 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl and place over a saucepan of boiling water. You can also use a double boiler if you have one available. Stir the chocolate until melted. Turn off the heat and allow the chocolate to cool for about 5 minutes.
3.Combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a standing mixer and turn on medium speed. Cream together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
4. Reduce the speed on the mixer to low. Add in the chocolate and flour mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Drop large tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake for 14 minutes. Cool before serving.