I almost cried when I bit into these chewy, chocolatey blondies because they tasted so good. I don't mind being gluten-free for most of the day ... but when it comes to desserts, it can really be tough to come up with comparable GF goodies. This recipe is SO GOOD ... and SO EASY ... and totally GLUTEN FREE. Enjoy.
1 c. flour (I used Gluten-Free Pantry's Beth's All-Purpose Baking Flour) 1/4 t. salt 1 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. butter (melted and cooled) 1 egg 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract 1 c. coconut 1 c. chocolate chips
1. Grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl.
3. Combine butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla. Continue mixing.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture.
5. Add the chocolate chips and the coconut.
6. Pour into pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The top will be golden. Just check to make sure it is set in the middle. Cool completely and cut into squares. Enjoy!