The group date was just weird. I don’t know who’s in charge of publicity for the American Red Cross, but those PSAs were bizarre. No one looked good and the whole thing was awkward. Also, Melissa, get control of yourself. Later in the evening, at the ‘wrap party,’ there was plenty of pool time for the ladies to show off their bikini bodies, get drunk, and start yelling at each other. (Nothing out of the norm for an early episode.) Side note: Every time I see Brad get out of the pool/shower, I am still taken aback by his back tattoo. I just can’t get used to it. I really don’t think he had that body art in his first season, did he?
Once David and I turned ‘The Bachelor’ back on, I found it was harder to regain my Bachelor momentum. In the last couple of years, the producers work really hard to make ALL of the episodes two hours. That’s a lot of Bachelor, maybe even (I hate to admit this) too much. I mean, having Ali and Roberto on the show to give their opinions on each of the ladies? A bit of a stretch, if you ask me.
Melissa: too aggressive from the beginning
I give Brad major props for getting rid of crazy Melissa this week. In past seasons, the ‘stir up trouble/dramatic’ girl would have stayed around for a few weeks. Good riddance, Melissa! Maybe you should start seeing a psychiatrist. (I’m sure Brad could give you some recommendations.)
Final Thoughts on the episode:
- If Madison didn’t have fangs, she might be ok.
- Britt, the food writer from Washington, is an early favorite. She needs more one on one time with Brad if she wants to make it past Week Three.
Britt, the "Cutie Foodie"
- Michelle started off strong in Week 1, but I’m no longer on the Michelle train. She’s manipulative and crazy. Perfect for the show, but not for the new Brad. He’s too sensitive and working too hard to break down his walls.
Michelle: Don't be fooled by her looks like Brad is
- Emily, the widow, seems sweet and the other ladies like her. Brad is oddly obsessed with her considering they haven’t had any conversations with substance. I’m thinking next week she will tell Brad about hubby and daughter, Ricky.
- At the rose ceremony, there were a handful of really cute bachelorettes that I felt like I’d never seen before, such as Lisa. She’s a former college track and cross country runner, AND she’s from Kansas, which puts her at the top of my list. Lisa, get in there, girl!
Stay tuned for next week’s episode: solo date with Emily, group date with more filming scenes/stage kissing/drama, and other excitement. No more National Championship game to compete with, so Bachelor will get the full attention it deserves.