Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Friday, November 11, 2011

Posted Nov 11 2011 11:16am
During a recent grandchild babysitting session I decided to make it a little educational. After mom and dad exited, I told the boys (ages 7 and 4) to get comfortable in a chair of their choosing as I was going to teach them the art of "visiting." They quickly complied and eager to learn "bisiting" as the four year old called it, I began with lesson number one. Each of us will ask one question of the other. This will start a conversation, and then we will all be talking about stuff and we will be "visiting."

"Rylen (4 years old), ask your brother a question... anything you want," I say. "Garret..." Rylen starts, "Why did you break my water gun?" Ok, so it was a question; of course as you can imagine it began a conversation that I couldn't exactly call "visiting." I decided to go next. Maybe they needed a good example to start the learning process. "Rylen," I began, "What is your favorite movie?" He not only told me his favorite movie but also why it was his favorite as did his brother. Alright, now we're cooking with gas! "Garret (7 years old) it's your turn," I instruct. "Grandma..." Garret says very seriously, "What kind of underwear do you have on?" Rylen immediately burst into laughter and quickly yells out, "I have Scooby doo!!!" Not only can I not compete with Scooby Doo - I have completely failed in teaching my grandchildren the art of "visiting."

Lesson learned? No more educational sessions... it's strictly free-for-all play and sugar cubes!

Happy Friday!

Wendy Finch
Wendy@aQuiretraining.com

The Museum...

Visiting the modern art museum, a lady turned to an attendant standing nearby. mirror cartoon

"This," she said, "I suppose, is one of those hideous representations you call modern art?"

"No, madam," replied the attendant.

"That one's called a mirror."

Taking Turns...
 Tired mom cartoon

Field Trip...
Little Tommy's kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local police station. There they saw wanted posterpictures tacked to a big bulletin board. The label clearly read, "The 10 Most Wanted."

One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person.

"Yes," said the policeman, "the detectives want him very badly."

So Little Tommy asked, while tugging on the man's belt, "Um, mister, why didn't you keep them when you took their pictures?"

This Weeks Quote... "A telephone survey says that 51 percent of college students drink until they pass out at least once a month. The other 49 percent didn't answer the phone."~ Craig Kilborn
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches