Here's another touchy, feely moment with my daughter. She recently sent me a random instant message, here is how our conversation went Amanda: "I now understand how frustrating Jon and I could be. Thanks for putting up with us, you're a great mom. Love you!" Me: "Are you drunk? :-)" Amanda: "lol no, the dogs will not stop wrestling/playing in the house, when one is being good the other instigates something, they don't listen, get mad at each other then when they both get in trouble... they're best friends! Ugh! The good thing is I can beat them or throw them outside without child services knocking on my door." Me: "Well...I appreciate your comments...but until the dog catcher calls at midnight and tells you to come pick one of them up who you didn't know was even outside the fence to begin with....you really can't appreciate not eating your young!" Amanda: "Hahahaha well played." Me: "I thought that might ring a bell for you. Thank you! Mama's still got it!" Amanda: "Haha yep"
All I can say is I'm so glad this very smart 23 year old is adamant about not having children until she's over 30!
Happy Friday and happy vacation to me! See you all again on August 27th!
Please excuse Jimmy for being late. It was his father's fault.
I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping with me because I don't know what size she wears.
Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday.
I didn't come to school yesterday because I was feeling like I was going to be sick, but thankfully I wasn't!
Please excuse my daughter for being late. Her broom wouldn't start so I had to send it back for repairs.
Kids these days...
1. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... She has 14 kids but doesn't really care.
2. One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs.
3. The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
4. The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
5. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today...
6. I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my underwear...
7.... Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!
8. Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like...'You know sometimes I forget to eat!' .....Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and my keys, but I have never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!
9.. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.
10. I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!
This Weeks Quote...
"Remember that as a teenager you are at the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you."