Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Rabbi Ed .
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
Prostate Cancer, ED, and Testosterone
When Your Doctor Doesn't Listen
Prayer for Prostate Cancer Survivors and Others Afflicted by Cancer
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Test Still the Best
Coping with Prostate Cancer
» View All
Prostate Cancer Support Call May 13
Posted May 03 2010 12:00am
On Thursday, May 13, at 9:00 p.m, I'm hosting a free support call "Conquer Prostate Cancer: How Family, Friends and Support Groups Can Help You Get Through Treatment and Side Effects."
In this 45-minute interactive presentation you will learn:
• How to talk to your family and friends about your illness immediately after you are diagnosed.
• What facts spouses and partners need to know about prostate cancer and possible treatment side effects.
• How to help your spouse or partner prepare emotionally for prostate cancer treatment and possible side effects.
• How support groups can help you identify which treatment options you might consider, based on the benefits and risks of each treatment.
• What family and friends can do to help you identify the challenges you and they will have to face.
• What to say when well-meaning but ineffective acquaintances say, "Let me know if there's anything I can do for you."
• When to call on family or friends to help "run interference" for you with your doctor or other healthcare personnel.
• How to get your family or friends to help you find a reputable doctor for a second opinion.
• What family and friends need to do for you if your health gets worse, such as a recurrence of cancer or the development of advanced prostate cancer.
• The best way you and your family and friends can celebrate if your doctor says you are cured or have gone into remission.
The teleseminar call will be at 9:00 p.m. Eastern time, but everyone who registers will receive a recording of the call. To register for this free call, go to http://bit.ly/amGiq0.
Post a comment
Write a comment:
Free Prostate Cancer Support Session: Enhancing Sexual Intimacy After Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer Now Detectable by Targeted Biopsy, Potentially Ending 25-year Era of Blind Biopsy
Social networking, science, and prostate cancer support
Panel Endorses Active Monitoring and Delay of Treatment for Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer Treatment and Monitoring Working In a New Direction with Web Based Proactive Surveillance Combining Efforts of J
Larry King Discusses Prostate Cancer Michael Milken, Colin Powell, John McEnroe, Joe Torre and More
Busting Myths about Prostate Cancer
Book review: “Prostate and Cancer: A Family Guide to Diagnosis, Treatment, and Survival”
Men with recurring prostate cancer not dying from prostate cancer
New prostate cancer patient/partner support program
About Health Mavens
tests for lung neoplasm and cancer
breast malignant tumors
non malignant tumor
non malignant tumors
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2014 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.