Several Beaudiva’s have written in and asked me about my daily vitamin regimen and any new hair products that I have been trying on my newly sprouted follicles. I did some research on the benefits of vitamin supplements during this re-growth phase and here is what I discovered. This is my Daily Top 10 of vitamins are recommended for the enhancement of hair growth:
1. Essential Fatty Acids, including Flaxseed Oil, EPA, Primrose Oil and Fish Oil: supports hair texture and prevents dryness
2. Multivitamin and Mineral Complex: Enhances overall health and provides all necessary nutrients
3. MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane): Provides the building blocks for stronger hair
4. Vitamin E: Increases oxygen uptake, which improves blood circulation to the scalp and improves hair growth
5. Zinc: Stimulates hair growth by enhancing immune function, and is taken in sublingual form
6. Vitamin C with Bioflavonoid: Improves circulation to the scalp
7. L-Methionin, L-Cysteine and Glutathione: Improves quality, texture and growth of hair
8. Silica: Aids hair growth and strengthens hair
9. Ginkgo Biloba: Improves circulation to the scalp
10. Green Tea & Saw Palmetto: May aid in reducing hair loss
This is a rather extensive list and some of these suppliments are already in many of the foods we eat or other vitamins! I am experimenting with taking these on alternate days as not to stress my stomach. Stay tuned!
Also, I have tried using Organic Excellence’s Chemical Free Mint Shampoo and Conditioner. I tried it after researching healthy hair products for newly grown hair. I came across their shampoos and liked them because they are free of harsh detergents, alcohols and solvents. According to Organic Excellence, eliminating those elements can “create a healthy environment to support the natural uninterrupted cycle of hair growth and replacement.”
The result? I think the shampoo is one of the better products I have used. It doesn’t leave a residue and feels like a normal, nice shampoo. It doesn’t do what other shampoos for damaged hair do, it made my scalp feel “awake” not tingly, as the natural mint really wakes up the scalp. It was delightful.
I’m viewing my new hair as a prized possession - and I want to give it a tremendous amount of loving care! If you have any more tips, please share them with the other beaudivas! Post a comment or email me !